by: Frederick Foote
While today is surely a day (President’s Day) for celebrating the many notable accomplishments of former Commanders-In-Chief, the truth about the odious nature of many notable Heads of State is out there…
1. “Get that son of a bitch off the field right now, he’s fired. He’s fired!”
4. This president re-segregated the federal workforce, backed the Ku Klux Klan, and invaded and occupied Haiti for two years.
5. “When I appoint a nigger to the bench, I want everybody to know he’s a nigger.”
8. Following the Great Mississippi River Flood of 1927 thousands of displaced blacks were forced to work for their rations under coercion of the National Guard.
11. This president issued an executive order forcing Japanese Americans into prison camps in 1942 and excluded farmers and domestic workers from many New Deal programs to deny benefits to blacks and to appease white southern politicians.
14. “Indians and wolves are both beasts of prey, tho’ they differ in shape.”
15. “The Jews are just a very aggressive and abrasive and obnoxious personality.”
16. “If blacks were given the right to vote, that would place every splay-footed, bandy-shanked, hump-backed, thick-lipped, flat-nosed, woolly-headed, ebon-colored in the country upon an equality with the poor white man.”
2. This president promoted Manifest Destiny, the Mexican American War, and wanted to extend slavery from the Atlantic to the Pacific Ocean.
3. This president owned over 250 slaves and worked to return slaves and free blacks to Liberia. He never freed any of his slaves.
6. This slave owning president used the Indian Removal Act of 1830 to relocate nearly 100,000 Native Americans along the Trail of Tears where an estimated 15,000 died.
7. This president wrote on blacks and whites in the United States: “Nor is it less certain that the two races, equally free, cannot live in the same government. Nature, habit, opinion has drawn indelible lines of distinction between them.”
9. “Our republican system was meant for a homogeneous people. As long as blacks continue to live with the whites they constitute a threat to the national life. Family life may also collapse and the increase of mixed breed bastards may some day challenge the supremacy of the white man.”
10. This president’s slow federal response to Hurricane Katrina left thousands of blacks stranded.
12. This president perfected the southern strategy of appealing to white racial prejudice and promoted the mass incarceration of blacks and browns with the Anti-Drug Abuse Act.
13. He presided over the execution of a mentally disabled man named Ricky Ray Rector to prove he was tough on crime.
Answer Key in the comments section below!
1. Trump 2. Polk 3. Monroe 4. Wilson 5. LBJ 6. Jackson 7. Jefferson 8. Coolidge 9. Lincoln 10. Bush 11. FDR 12. Reagan 13. Clinton 14. Washington 15. Nixon 16. Johnson
Comments are closed.