Across the Margin strives to publish only the best in fiction, poetry, and nonfiction, and we enthusiastically tout an open door policy. In fact, we don’t even have a door, something we are damn proud of! All are welcome, just come correct. Even though we frequently feature writers with previous credits, we are also very much interested in less experienced or unpublished writers who exhibit exceptional potential. We cannot guarantee your piece will see the light of day, but we promise it will be given its due respect – never will a submission be set aside unread. Never.
WHAT WE WANT FROM YOU
- Only previously unpublished works will be considered for publication (print & online).
- We allow simultaneous submissions, but we would be thankful if you could immediately withdraw work that has been accepted elsewhere.
- We accept international submissions.
- We expect that you will proofread and spellcheck your work prior to submission.
- If inclined, please include a brief bio written in the third person.
WHAT WE DO NOT WANT FROM YOU
- Any work that is racist, sexist, homophobic, xenophobic, hateful, etc.
We reserve first printing rights, including publication in Across the Margin in both printed, web and ebook formats, and the right to excerpt portions of an accepted work online in order to promote you, your work, and the magazine. The copyright for work published by Across the Margin is always held by its authors. If we publish your work on the website, we reserve first North American electronic publication rights and the right to keep it here in our archives indefinitely. All other rights remain property of the author. If you want to reprint any work that originally appeared in Across the Margin, we ask that you credit the author and the publication.
NOTE: Fiction or nonfiction submissions over 5,000 words that we’re interested in publishing may be published in serial form.
POETRY SUBMISSIONS NOTE: Across the Margin welcomes submissions of your previously unpublished poetry. Please send 2 or more (max = 5) of your best poems for our consideration. Throw in a brief bio and publication history and remember, we have no aesthetic allegiance or ideological bent. Our only goal is to publish as much excellent poetry as we can!
– Richard Roundy, Across the Margin’s Poetry Editor
WE’VE CREATED THREE EASY WAYS TO SHARE YOUR WORK WITH US
- E-mail us your work directly via firstname.lastname@example.org (Preferred!)
- Share your work with us using cloud-based services like Google Drive’s Documents or Apple iCloud’s Pages. Just be sure to invite us to your piece using our e-mail address email@example.com
- Or you can submit your work to us by providing the following information and pasting your work into the “Message” part of our form below: